Sunday, December 10, 2006

Woo Hoo!

As I was collecting my usual melange of articles for the gameday preview, I went to ESPN's NHL page and was shocked when I saw a huge picture of Ovechkin with the headline "Puppy Love", under which was written the following:

Last season, the Capitals had more bark then bite. But this year, the young gang of pups has matured into a feisty group of mongrels, writes Scott Burnside.

I was intrigued, so I read through the whole article, all the while being on the lookout for backhanded compliments and little digs at our lack of starpower (it is Burnside after all)...but none came. Instead I found a wonderfully gushy article about the Caps and how they've not only improved over last year but have actually learned how to win games and are quietly sneaking into the 8th seed.

I know, I was shocked too. Isn't this the same guy who claimed we'd be lucky to break out of the bottom 4 or 5 in the league? Now we're not halfway through the season yet, so it's important not to let this go to our heads and remember that the conference is very tight and...

...nah, screw it. Scott loves those Caps!

2 comments:

FS said...

Isn't it against the Cosmic balance for Scott Burnside to write something nice about the Caps? I'm waiting for the Flyers to stop sucking as the next sign of the apocalypse.

CapsChick said...

I think he lost a bet with someone.

Or maybe he was drunk...