Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Joe B. and Locker Comin' At Ya!

(So much for the sporadic posts...)

I just saw this on Comcast Sportsnet's website and hadn't seen it anywhere yet, so I thought I would get the word out:

Comcast SportsNet, the leader in local sports television, will experience
another first on Saturday, Dec. 16, as the network broadcasts the Washington Capitals game against the Philadelphia Flyers from ice level at Verizon Center. This innovative approach places Capitals broadcasters Joe Beninati and Craig Laughlin between the teams’ benches as they call the action.
Should be interesting - Joe B. and Locker, right up close and personal. The boys on the bench will have to watch their language (ahem...Clymer).

I know TSN did this a few weeks ago - did anyone get to see it, and if so what did you think? Drop a comment and let us all know what to expect!

3 comments:

FS said...

From what I've heard, the TSN one was a cute gimmick, and nothing more. It's not going to help ratings, if anything, it's a distraction from Joe B and Locker trying to do their job.

Victor said...

Heh. Yeah, it can only be a gimmick. OTOH, I hope Locker tries to jump over the glass for a quick shift.

CapsChick said...

Let's be honest, Joe B. and Locker will find it a stretch to be more distracted than they already are. They're my little ADD boys...