Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Reveal Yourself...

This is purely for my good friends over on the message boards, so the rest of you can avert your eyes for a moment.

In response to a question about which poster I am on the boards, the answer would be none of them...sorry guys. For some reason, the message boards don't like me and I can't seem to sign on. You all will just have to bicker about stuff without me and tune in here if you want to read my (often misguided) opinions.

...and I make no apologies for the Shaone "Gonchar" Morrisonn nickname. He's in my doghouse until he starts playing like I know he can.

Until then, Mo - I dub thee Sergei.

7 comments:

FS said...

I'm sorry, but the Morrisonn/Goocher analogy is just wrong. Morrisonn hits more people each time he steps on the ice than the Goocher does in a season.

CapsChick said...

To be fair, Gonch scores a lot more than Mo does, so they're not alike in that respect either.

The analogy is strictly based on scoring a goal on one's own team, nothing more...poor Olie.

FS said...

Ah, but the on-ice officials eventually ruled that Mo did not score it. That's why assists were added later on. Had Mo scored it himself, the goal would have been unassisted.

Unless of course they went back later, and took the assists that they announced in house away.

CapsChick said...

Let's just say it's good-natured ribbing on my part to try and get Shaone back to his usual self, said with love.

He's a million times more talented as a defenseman than Gonchar ever was or could hope to be and I've loved his performance so far, but over the last few games he's been in a bit of a slump and I want it to end.

And so it shall be, for I have commanded it... :)

FS said...

Hey, I'm the one that counter jinxes people around these parts! Stop stealing my bit!

HG said...

Why is it that those counter jinxs seem to work? I put one on Kristian Huselius a while back and it worked.

CapsChick said...

Oh, FS, I could never replace you. That being said, get with it, let's go! God knows Mo needs something...he's absolutely killing me.

And let's get hockeygirl to help out too - the Flames are doing well, you can spread the wealth!