Thursday, November 16, 2006

Boys Being Boys

To continue my rapid-fire posting (who can tell I don't want to do any work today?)...

- Just a little update on my push for Zubie to go to Dallas - it appears that Southeast Shootout beat me to it, but I don't care...whatever get's him on that ballot!


- Dan Steinberg has to be one of my favorite people - his DC Sports Bog is so much fun. He just has a way of reporting on the activities in the Caps dressing room that make you feel like you're really there.

Ah, if only.

Anyways, here are a few more gems from the past two days to make those last few hours of the workday go by that much quicker:

Rock On, Caps
Papa's Got a Brand New...Helmet

- And last but not least on this rainy Thursday afternoon - little Greenie (finally) gets his props, as does the entire Caps team:

* Defenseman Mike Green has been a pleasant surprise for Washington as a rookie this year. A first-round pick two years ago, Green has seven points and a plus-5 rating in 16 outings [Edit - reverse those numbers, kids... 5 points and a plus-7.]
* By the way, the Capitals are off to their best start since 1991-92 and, one could argue that their star, Alex Ovechkin, has yet to play his best hockey.
I know it's just a little blurb, but that's my job...to bring those obscure, tiny little mentions of the Caps to the forefront for your reading pleasure.

No comments: