Thursday, November 02, 2006

Babbling Bog

I'm sure other people have posted this already, but I was highly entertained by Dan Steinberg's coverage of the Caps' training facility opening yesterday and I think everyone should check it out:

He's off and running...and keeps going...and going...still more...

and ends on a poetic note. Brilliant. :)

Olie admires the new ice surface in wonder...

It looks like this place is going to be pretty spectacular - I can't wait to check it out once practices start. Not being much of a skater myself (my rear end and the ice would probably have a very intimate relationship by the end), practices would probably be the only reason I'd ever enter that building. Still, it's nice to finally have somewhere to go should I ever get the urge to bruise a tailbone or worse, embarass myself in front of kids who actually know how to skate...

By the way, the Washington Times finally emerged from hiding with their own coverage of the new facility. It's pretty much the same as the Post's coverage and Dave Fay was not there. I guess he's on vacation, but seriously - no one else there can write cranky-pants articles about the Caps in his absence?

No comments: