Thursday, August 23, 2007

Satire At Its Finest

Need a laugh?

I have just the thing.

In my random trips through the interwebs I stumbled across the piece below and, intrigued by the title, couldn't resist reading through the whole piece. Don't be deterred by the fact that it revolves around a certain team from Steeltown...it's funny anyways. To be honest I'm not even completely sure if the author is mocking or celebrating Sid and his teammates, but I am pretty sure it doesn't matter either way. Fans and foes of the team will find it funny, I promise.

Just be sure to read it all the way to the end, stage directions included. You won't be sorry - and if you're like me, you'll be eagerly awaiting the next chapter:

Captain Crosby and the Penguins of Tomorrow - Part 1


Incidentally, this is the second time in three days that Crybaby has graced the Cheap Seats in some form or another...and I sincerely apologize. We're fumigating and laying down traps as we speak, and we hope to be Sid-free as soon as possible.

You know, unless he launches a fragrance or something.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy moley, that was funny...and that was one of the best punchlines ever!

Penguin Power, off!
I can hear the chanting already....

banshezmom said...

Thanks for the link!! It was good to be able to laugh for a change what with the crappy work week I've been having.
I've become an avid reader of your blog and will keep checking in w/you this hockey season. Especially when one of my Hershey Bears gets sent up there!!

CapsChick said...

Victor: I was partial to the part where Fleury asks in confusion "Did you see those cherubs...?" Hilarious.

hbears fan: I feel like everyone could use a good laugh right now and this just seemed perfect. Thanks for reading - I have a feeling both the Bears and Caps will do us proud this season, don't you? The season certainly can't start soon enough for me.

Shmee said...

That was hilarious!

banshezmom said...

Well, let's see....I have 8 more working days until rookie camp starts, one month and 5 days until home exhibition games and 58 days 'til the Bears home opener.
Not that I'm counting or anything!! I think both teams did a lot during the off season and I'm excited to see what happens.

HG said...

Wow. That was awesome. If I only could write...

Elly said...

Oh my word, I just about died. The characterization of Olczyk had me on the floor. And Fleury, oh Fleury...too much. I can't wait for part 2.