Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Balding Eagle Has Landed

Ed Belfour has left the country.

Okay, not yet. But soon, maybe, as according to the Canadian Press Belfour is very close to signing a contract with a league in Sweden. Oddly enough no one in the NHL was interested in signing a 42 year old goalie on the downswing of his career...you know, now that Detroit has already re-signed Hasek.

Oh, Eddie - we'll miss you so and yet not at all. Good luck in the land of the meatballs and remember, we'll always have this very special moment:

3 comments:

Steph said...

Hush, you, I'm trying to talk myself into believing that Hasek will pull off another groin injury-less season. I don't need all these comments leading me down the road of doubt :P (Feel free to keep making fun of Belfour though.)

Anonymous said...

Hee. Goalie fight. Actually, that video just reminded me of Majesky and what a waste of oxygen he was. But I love me some goalie fights. It's like watching marshmallows fight.

P.S. Have you heard about Hillary Duff and Mike Comrie? I'm not sure if I'm disturbed by it or not caring. Still, it's funny.

CapsChick said...

I'm trying to talk myself into believing that Hasek will pull off another groin injury-less season.

Aw! It's nice that I'm not the only delusional one on the interwebs ;)

Shelby: What a great comparison, goalie fights are like watching marshmallows fight - so true!! That's totally why they're funny.

Gah, Comrie and Duff...let's just hope that one blows over soon. (But am I the only one who didn't know he was the heir to some billion dollar fortune?)