Monday, July 02, 2007

Michael Michael Motorcycle

Okay. Whew. Done jumping around and ready to look at this signing from a calm, collected point of view.

Oh, who am I kidding?? I'm still giddy as a schoolgirl because Nylander is back!

I know there are people out there saying he's not as good without Jagr or he's overpaid at $5 million plus per year...and those people can stuff it. Because in his two years here and in the years since I never saw anyone who could puckhandle around five opposition players and a goalie the way he could. It was a thing of beauty, something truly breathtaking to behold.

Now picture that dangling ability. Combined with the perfect pass. Landing on the stick of Ovechkin. Uh...I may need to start jumping around again.

But seriously, say what you will about Michael's age or his production being an outgrowth of playing on a line with Jagr. Ovechkin will always beat out Jagr in my book, and I can't wait to see the production from both of these guys once they join forces.

It will be something to see, I assure you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, this is BIG.

And watch Kozlov have a huge year, too.

A big gold star for GM.

Victor said...

Nic is wracking her brains trying to remember all of the boomerang Caps over the years....there were a lot of 'em, apparently.

Carol in NoVa said...

Oh great, psychic Caps fan... good job on Nylander. You even had me jumping up and down screaming, "We got Nylander" which made my husband give me strange looks.

CapsChick said...

Cote...
Krygier...
Berube...
Zednik...
Beech...
Anson Carter...
Boumedienne...
Nylander...and I'm out.

Anyone I missed?

Here's an extra trivia question: Which former Cap left the team, played one game for another team, and then returned two weeks later via the same route in which he left?
A puzzler for your Monday evening enjoyment ;)

Heather B. said...

Well, I'm glad somebody's happy today! (Really!)

Anonymous said...

Tabaracci . . .
Kristich . . .
Metropolit . . .
Whitfield . . .

Those last two were lost to waivers and then the Caps claimed them back -- does that count?

Anonymous said...

Which former Cap left the team, played one game for another team, and then returned two weeks later via the same route in which he left?

I'm don't know, but it seems the "Player to be named later," he was traded for was hisself.

Chris & Sarah said...

Looks like there may be a little snag with the deal. Hopefully rational heads will prevail, and we don't end up on the losing end of a protracted legal battle.