Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bodies Flying Everywhere

I don't think I have any Rangers' fans who read what I write on a regular basis, so I feel pretty comfortable in saying this:

I hate the New York Rangers. Hate. Despise. Loathe. And now? Fear.

How is it fair that they pick up Gomez AND Drury? Grr. GRRR.

...rant complete.

The Caps made a move while I was ranting about the Rangers, signing Viktor Kozlov to a two year, $5 million deal. To me this is a good pick up and not a completely surprising one - he's made it clear that he would like to play with Ovechkin and Semin, he's cheaper than the ridiculously overpriced centers that flooded the market this offseason, and at 32 years old still has some good years left.

He also is coming off a career year in goals, a number that can only go up when playing on the same line with Ovechkin. +12 on a defensively suspect Isles team isn't bad, either, and a 2-year deal is relatively low risk considering some of these long-term deals being handed out (8 years for Briere w/ a no trade clause? WHAT?)

Good day so far for GMGM...

No comments: