Friday, July 20, 2007

Friday...

- They've been highlighting this on NHL.com but I thought I would give it an extra push - if you haven't read any of Andrew Ference's diary from his recent Right to Play trip to Africa, do it now. It's an extremely well-written and thoughtful piece; whoever said that athletes aren't intelligent never met Ference, I can assure you. Also be sure to flip through the photo gallery for some funny pictures and some heartbreaking ones that show exactly why this organization is so crucial. There's something to be said for letting kids be kids, and that's what Right to Play strives to achieve.

For more information about Right to Play, visit their website.

- We're rounding the corner into one of the slowest stretches of the offseason, which save for a handful of arbitration cases in the next few weeks means there is not much to report. On that note, I thought I would try something new.

Someone once commented that it must be fun to watch a game with me, and while I'm sure that my family and friends who have experienced this wouldn't call it fun so much as utterly terrifying, I'll let you judge for yourself. In an idea blatantly stolen from my good friends at IPB, I've decided to watch one of the Caps games from this past season on Google video and diarize it for your reading pleasure. Look for it sometime this weekend!

Be afraid...be very afraid.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I'm looking forward to this!

This gives me an idea...
How fun would it be for Comcast to feature bloggers to sit and comment on the games on air with Beninati and Laughlin! For a couple of minutes, maybe a period. Just a thought. Make it happen. =]

Schnookie said...

I can't wait to read your game diary! This ought to be AWESOME! (Be sure to throw in a few knee slaps for good measure...)

Chris & Sarah said...

You don't scare me.... Yet!

CapsChick said...

Shelby: I'll try and pull some strings, see what I can do ;) Of course, I'm not sure I could stick to those pesky FCC standards about language, especially if the Caps lose.

Schnookie: I have a high standard to live up to! Oh, and the knee slaps are omnipresent. Trust me.

Chris & Sarah: Just wait. You have no idea.

So I've narrowed it down to Caps versus Philly, Calgary or Toronto for my first attempt...any thoughts?