Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Lowe Needs a Hanky

Okay, nobody panic...I'm not a betting woman but I would put all my money on the fact that Nylander will in fact be with the Caps come training camp. From everything I've read and everything I understand about contracts 101, this thing with the Oilers is nothing more than a little blip on the radar. Until I hear otherwise, that's what I have to believe.

(I think we also have to consider that this may be a bit of Kevin Lowe trying to save face after getting...oh, what was it again...uh, NOTHING since the trade deadline last season. Oilers' fans, get your torches and pitchforks ready.)

Check out what Tarik has to say about this whole mess on Capitals Insider and in the Post, or Corey's piece in the Times for a little perspective.

In other new Caps' news, Nylander and Karl Alzner both stopped in to SportsTalk 980 this week. Funny, funny guys - give 'em a listen.

2 comments:

Chris & Sarah said...

Smokin' Al Cokin. Don't think I'll ever be able to watch a Cap's game on Comcast the same way ever again!

CapsChick said...

I've heard him referred to by another, shall we say less PG version of that same name...but I won't ruin your viewing experience any more than it already has been. :)