Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Oh, kiss me and smile for me
Tell me that you'll wait for me
Hold me like you'll never let me go
'Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
Don't know when I'll be back again...

"Leavin' on a Jet Plane" by John Denver

Okay, so that's a bit of a lie. I do know when I'll be back again. But the rest, unfortunately, is true. I am headed off to attend to real world duties (damn this working for a living thing) and will be away for about a week. I'll do my best to check in from time to time on the off chance I'm able to:

a) see a hockey game in Charlotte, NC, land of NASCAR and
b) stay awake long enough to write about it

Odds are slim that either will happen, so as usual check out the growing list of assorted hockey bloggers for your ongoing coverage of all things hockey in my absence. Or, as a sign of solidarity to me, go on a hockey fast until I return - you know, avoid the 14th page of the Post's sports section, keep flipping past Versus, tear your clothing...the normal stuff.

Of course I'm missing the one playoff game I'm dying to see, and that's tonight's Buffalo-Ottawa game. I'm taping it, though, and hopefully I'll catch a bit of it on NHL.com. In the meantime, be sure to check out Heather B.'s payment post about her secret, undying love of the Senators.

Well, maybe not so secret anymore :)

So I ask that you all think of me kindly as you're sitting on your couches watching tonight's game, or when you're settling in for a nice relaxing Saturday morning lie-in. Hopefully the good thoughts will travel south and help propel me through the next six days.

Happy hockey watching!

(Oh, and welcome back to our wandering blogger crew + Spike Parker - great job, guys!)

1 comment:

Bethany said...

Come back soon!! Be safe.