Thursday, September 14, 2006

Caps Sign Erskine

Wow, three posts in one evening - hence the very original title of this post...

The Washington Capitals have signed free-agent John Erskine according to WashingtonCaps.com. I'll be honest, I don't really know that much about him yet - I'll be out at Ashburn on Sunday, so I'll definitely have to check him out. I do know that any addition to our blue line, particularly young defensemen with some NHL experience, can't be bad.

Looking at his numbers he seems to be a pretty hard-nosed, stay-at-home type of guy - lots of PIMs (not always a bad thing - some of our favorites had monogrammed towels in the penalty box...Hunter, Berube, Simon). All in all, seems like a good pick-up. I would still like to see one more veteran d-man come to our nation's capital, but I'll trust that McPhee knows what he's doing and like everyone else, wait to see what happens next.

No comments: