Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Who the Hell Knows

Okay, the speculation is killing me - I've read as much as I can about the so-called leaked jersey. I've trolled the message boards. I've seen the pictures. And I wasn't going to say anything because honestly who knows, right?

Enter the following video clip, something that I think is the closest thing to actual proof, courtesy of a commenter on Tarik's blog known merely as Shmoo. I know, consider the source, but come on - this is pretty good:
Nekkid Man Alert**
(and video clip alert - just scroll down to find the tiny link that says caps.avi)

It's even more suspicious that the first part of this clip which once graced the Caps home page is mysteriously gone now that a "glitch" has allegedly been discovered. And if someone did fake this, give them major credit - it's pretty flawless for a hoax.

The verdict? Take it with a grain of salt, but I think there is a good chance the cat is out of the bag...

The real question is this: If this turns out to be the
new jersey, will you buy one? Something to ponder.

**Update: The video I referred to has apparently been removed because it didn't comply with the terms of service. I'm guessing if you want to see it, just wait until Friday - it'll probably be back up on the website...

15 comments:

Shmee said...

I have a thing on Friday so I wont make the party but please let me know if they look better in person!

Anonymous said...

I'll buy one. Maybe not right at first, but certainly by September.

Anonymous said...

Will somebody hold my hair while I vomit?

CapsChick said...

Will you quit vomiting across the blogs? It's not that bad...right? :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's that bad. I'm really hoping that's just a practice thingy because kiddo...that's freakin' hideous.

Anonymous said...

OK, now that I've had a sip of coffee....the *logo* itself isn't bad, but the execution and the color patterns....BARF!

It's possible the colors are off, but that red is too orange for my taste, and the white under the arms leaves a lot to be desired. Where are the stars? Where are the waist-stripes?

FS said...

Your link to the video is broken. Just like Netsy's gastrointestinal tract.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind them. I'm chalking the bad coloring down to the fact that it was pulled out of a video and enhanced... I'm hoping it looks better in person. I'm also hoping there's some sort of trim along the bottom of the jersey, because if it's just red, well... that's pretty boring.

But yeah, I'll probably end up getting one.

Kevin said...

I second the disgust at the white under the arms and the seeming lack of and horizontal striping along the bottom. That said, I'm happy with the logo and, I guess, the color.

CapsChick said...

Woo...nothing like a little uniform controversy to bring my old faves out of the woodwork! ;)

Personally I don't mind it as much as I did at first glance. It's kind of growing on me, although I will echo the hope that there's something on the bottom to keep it from looking too much like a practice jersey.

I guess we'll have to wait and see - two days and counting, isn't it exciting??

Anonymous said...

One other thing I noticed--the puck location looks like the result of a bad pass.

Saucered it right over the blade of the stick, he did....

CapsChick said...

Hmm, interesting! Very appropriate for this team, don't you think?

Anonymous said...

I think it would make a great practice jersey.

Anonymous said...

Do you have any Tums? I'm still feeling rather queasy.

Off-balance, non-iconic text-based "logos" frequently have this sort of effect on my stomach.

Maybe I'll feel better when I go bird watching this weekend. I hope I spot one of those rare and elusive "W"-shaped eagles!

Anonymous said...

A horrible font on that picture.
I hope that's not "it."