Saturday, June 16, 2007

Miss Me?

I've returned, back on solid ground once more - a little poorer, a little more sunburned, but no worse for wear and ready to resume the duties of the beleagured Caps blogger/fanatic. Now that real life has reared its ugly head once more I guess I'll start off with the results of the First Annual Blogger Playoff Pool, only because people seem to be anxiously awaiting them. Amazing what happens when hockey season ends, isn't it? We become starved for anything new-ish!


So without further ado, all the way from Washington, DC, the fan whose bleatings keep us all informed...


(By the way, I wish I could say I had rigged this thing to have a Caps fan win, but I swear I'm really not that smart. Ask anyone who knows me.)

You know what that means, kids...all my fellow bloggers who willingly signed on to this crazy escapade, get those keyboards warmed up and start singing the praises of everyone's favorite underdogs, the Washington Capitals! For you Caps bloggers, this should be no problem, but I can already hear the plaintive cries of agony from some of our participants. Rest assured there will be no getting around this one, as I expect to see posts from every single one of you or else...well, I can't really do anything about it. I guess the honor system will have to do.

For those of you who are curious, the final standings can be found here: Playoff Pool Results

To everyone who participated, thank you for making this such a success - it was a lot of fun and hopefully we can do it all over again next year, bigger and better!

I refuse to talk about Sidney Crosby winning anything shiny so for now I'm just going to leave you all with some images from my trip...if only to prove that I really was out of town and not just slacking off.
Oh and, you know, to make you all jealous. Enjoy!

My brother-in-law's forehead...which I'm sure he'll love seeing here :)

Beautiful Virginia, as seen from the window of a car...pretty, huh?

The drive to Norfolk takes you past some of the most historic parts of the country...and because I'm a dork, I had to capture the moment.

Ah, the beach. Beautiful. (Jealous yet?)

Ah, a delicious frosty drink with some sort of liquor concoction in it. Beautiful. (Jealous yet?)

A reenactment in St. George, Bermuda shows what used to happen to gossipy women - they got dunked. Literally. All I can say is, thank god I was born in this era!

Bermuda. I guess it's kind of pretty, if you like that kind of thing...


But it's good to be home. *Sigh*

I guess.

2 comments:

Heather B. said...

What's the prize for eighth place?!

CapsChick said...

Um...a playoff berth? :D