Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Joys of Youth

- Thankfully Green is all better and ready to go for tonight's Young Stars game:

"I'm looking forward to playing with some of the best young guys in the league,"
Green said. "It's a great honor to be here and to be a part of something I grew
up watching. I would have been very disappointed if I couldn't play."

See, this is what I love about the All-Star Game. You can tell this game has been on Mike's mind since he got hit - sure he wanted to heal so he could help the team, but it's obviously important to him that he go to Dallas. He sees it as it should be seen - an honor, a chance to represent your team and show what you can do. I love it.

And to all you detractors of the ASG who say the players hate it and would rather rest, you read that quote from Green or watch Ovechkin's press conference from Dallas and tell me they don't want to be there. Heck, even media-trained Sidney seemed a little giddy and excited to be there, breaking his stoic facade for a broad and oh-so-rare grin.

- February 4th, let's take bets on what I'm more excited about - the traditional Caps home game on Super Bowl Sunday intertwined with scoreboard checks to track the Canadiens-Penguins game? Or watching this lovely gentleman? Hmmm...tough call.

I'll have to keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

D'you see the short interview with Ovie during the skills competition? It was adorable. The interviewer made some comment about not being able to see Ovie's eyes and he tipped his helmet back and smirked at the camera. It's little things like that that make me love him on and off the ice.

Good to see Green got an assist, but no goals sadly. I think Ovie might have been -- the fans are going to kill me for this -- shown up a bit by Sid. Was that just me?

CapsChick said...

That interview was really cute - I love the new visor!

I think Green actually got 3 assists, and he seemed to be getting more ice time as the game went on. I was very proud of him.

As for Crosby, well...I'll agree with you there. He was good tonight and Ovie was having a rough time. Seriously, what genius thought he should go against Luongo for every single event??

I'm sure everything will even out tomorrow, and hopefully that's what people will remember.